Tastings.com Wine Merchant Links
- Premier Liquors (Buffalo, New York) Premier is one of the largest fine wine and spirits shops in the United States. Founded in 1943, it was purchased in 1969 by Burt Notarius, who has expanded it to its current position. Premier’s website offers a powerful searchable interface to find wines from their large inventory and full ecommerce capabilities to buy them online.
- Argonaut Liquors (Denver, CO) Argonaut Liquors is Denver’s biggest wine retailer. They will deliver to most anywhere in the Denver metro area. Their online inventory can be searched for the item you want and paid for online with full ecommerce capability.
- Morrell & Company (New York, NY)Morrell & Company is family firm located in the heart of Manhatton at 1 Rockerfeller Plaza alongside a wine bar of the same name, which is also owned by the Morrells. Their elegent and well-designed website supports online purchasing.
- The Wine Club (Santa Ana, CA) The Wine Club has three California retail locations as well as an online store. The stated goal is to offer the best wines at discount prices. Pricing is very competitive and the breadth of their fine wine inventory is impressive.
- The Wine House (Los Angeles, CA) The Wine House is by many accounts the top wine shop in Los Angeles. President and owner Bill Wright has, by his own reckoning, spent the last 20 years been making sure that his store lives up to its motto “the only wine shop you need.” The Wine House website can be searched by winery name or by wine type and it fully equipped for online purchasing.
- Zachy’s (Scarsdale, NY) Zachy’s is one of New Yorks best known wine retailers and is a major player in the Bordeaux wine futures market. Most importantly, they also have a lively and well-designed website where you can buy wines online.
- Farr Vintner’s (London, England) Farr Vintners is the UK’s leading fine wine merchant. Essentially, Farr Vintners this is a wholesale operation that deals in auction grade wine. Private clients are welcome as long as they observe the 500-pound ($700) purchase limit. Note that you can view prices in seven different currencies (including USD).